ABUSE OF DOMINANCE
Abuse of dominance cases are linked to alleged anti-competitive conduct of large companies and typically involve one or more of the following:
- Predatory pricing – dominant firms “drive out” competitors by applying below cost pricing;
- Price discrimination – dominant firms apply different prices for different customers;
- Exclusive dealing – large upstream companies (often wholesalers) only serve selected downstream firms (often retailers);
- Creating barriers to market entry – by unlawfully making potential competitors believe that their entry would be unprofitable;
- Leveraging dominant position on adjacent markets – typically on markets where the purchase of one product is linked to the purchase of another product (e.g. operating systems and mobile applications)
Should your company find itself accused of abusing dominant position, Allegro Consulting will use relevant data to support the preparation of your defence.